“I am hurt; I will take legal action when I get discharged from the hospital. We didn’t intend to hurt anyone from the march. It is so scary that people can bring weapons to such an event. I am really unhappy about this and I will fight until I get justice,” Mnisi said this week.
EFF provincial leader Collen Sedibe alleged that ANC members were instructed to attack them.
Provincial police spokesperson Sergeant Gerald Sedibe said a case of assault with intent to cause grievous bodily harm had been opened and no arrests had been made yet.
ANC provincial secretary Mandla Ndlovu said the EFF had provoked ANC members.
“However, we do not condone what happened on Friday. We advise our members to be calm, even when they are provoked,” Ndlovu said.